Since moving to Taiwan in mid-2016 I have fallen in love…with iced green tea.
I’m not lying when I say that the quality, accessibility and price of iced green tea will be the thing I miss the most about Taiwan when I leave.
Why do I love green tea so much.
Let me provide you with some reasons:
1. With the exception of water, it is the most refreshing drink ever and has more flavor to it than water. It is especially great on a hot day and as you may know, there are a lot of very hot days here in Taiwan.
2. It wakes you up and keeps you moving. Just like coffee green tea provides you with a caffeine buzz. It may be lighter than coffee but also doesn’t come with any of coffee’s potential side effects such as nervousness and stomach irritation (not to mention the long term negative effects). Iced green tea is the perfect beverage to start your day in the morning and is what gets me up in the morning. Once I actually had a dream about having green tea in the morning and then I woke up and went to get my green tea. Dreams really do come true.
3. The best thing about green tea are the countless health benefits. Some of which include:
- A source of antioxidants which can lower your risk of various types of cancers.
- Reduces the risk of certain Cardiovascular diseases.
- Improves physical ability and helps burn fat.
And my favorite…
- Improves brain function and can quite literally make you more productive as you go about your day.
I feel like getting into a routine of drinking green tea daily is not only enjoyable but actually helps improve other areas of my life. At only 25 NTD (or around 60 pence) per XL cup here in Tainan, drinking a green tea per day is well worth doing.
I would love to see iced green tea become more widely available in the UK too. Maybe a business opportunity?